In addition to designing the Brooklyn Defender this year, NYCC asked me to illustrate something they can use for their anti-harrassment signs around the convention floor. The smart idea would probably have been to draw one character in my style, for recognition’s sake, but I had this idea in my head and really wanted to try something new. I wanted it to be modular, so they could change it and use bits as they like. And I wanted it to feel inclusive. No one wants to be harassed.
I talk about this, the Brooklyn Defender, and Rocket Girl in this awesome interview with The Mary Sue!
I would like about a hundred of these for AggieCon.
this is amazing wow
Wow, I haven’t seen this kind of dedication in a beta-universe Striders piece in forever - I’m fucking floored
The perspective, the knicknacks, the body language, the way it’s almost heartfelt, painful, distant but still shows in the grips of their hands that Bro’s there with the needle as surely as he is with the sword - Dave clutches at that edge in what could be bitten back pain or shame/disappointment
Regardless of what happened to get them here, they’re both still here
Seriously though, this image is fucking wild
The thumbprint swipe from turning the light on, opening the first aid kid, everything’s immediate, that line was crossed and they’re in there to make the correction with that Strider alacrity
Their toothbrushes, the laundry, Cal, the rinsed blood in the sink, their fucking reflections being just as obscured as the camera angle and still just as expressive - this is incredible and I’m still finding things to be in awe about. Even down to the marred walls. Everything’s there, everything’s indicative without being cluttered in a way that says something besides ‘lived in at close quarters’
I wanna art like this when I grow up, wow
this is nothing short of breathtaking
Whoooaaa : o
When contemplating a $15.00 purchase
- 10-year-old me: Wow idk that's a lot of money
- 15-year-old me: Kickass, that's so cheap
- 20-year-old me: Wow idk that's a lot of money
- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : relationship status?
- ಠ_ಠ: what is your biggest pet peeve?
- (ಥ_ಥ): finish this: i hate it when...
- ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: what is your favorite animal?
- (☞ﾟヮﾟ)☞ ☜(ﾟヮﾟ☜): who is someone you can tell everything to?
- (づ｡◕‿‿◕｡)づ: are you a hugger?
- (╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐɟ: besides tumblr, do you have any other social media?
- ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿?: how old are you?
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻: what are your thoughts on school?
- | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ): favorite tv show?
- (ง'̀-'́)ง: are you okay?
- (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*: ･ﾟ✧: sexual orientation?
- ┬┴┬┴┤(･_├┬┴┬┴: are you a people person or a loner?
- ლ(ಠ益ಠლ): do you have any siblings?
- ಠ╭╮ಠ: have you ever self harmed?
- (づ￣ ³￣)づ: have you ever been in love?
- (☞ﾟ∀ﾟ)☞: would you rather be hugged by a bunny or kissed by a doe?
- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻: how do you let your anger out?
- ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ: are you active?
- ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪: what are your favorite band(s)/artist(s)?
- （╯°□°）╯︵(\ .o.)\: who is your least favorite person?
- ♥‿♥: tell us about your crush!
- ◔̯◔: what time is it?
- ◕‿◕: what is your guilty pleasure?
- ◔ ⌣ ◔: are you a virgin?
there are nice americans
there are rude americans
there are nice brits
there are rude brits
there are nice canadians
there’s justin bieber
Every year on Canadian Thanksgiving, we perform a ritual to purge ourselves of our rudeness, Bieber absorbs it all. He was never meant to escape, we are sorry.
He was never meant to escape.
…I’ve only seen this legendary post in screenshots